Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Justus is growing soooo much so fast, I can't believe it! Two weeks ago when he went to the doctor, he weighed 7 lbs 4 oz. Yesterday (exactly 2 weeks later), he weighed 8 lbs 15 oz. WOW! I knew he was eating a lot and his legs were getting a little rolly-polly, but geesh! He's so stinking cute though with his little rolls on his legs. They were all skinny and wrinkley, so it's nice to see a little chubbiness.
He now smiles when Matt plays with him. He will only smile once in a while for me, I'm the boring one, haha! I really try to get him to smile but I think he gets sick of me making faces and talking to him.
I have started giving him real baths now and he absolutely HATED them at first. I wasn't really giving him any warning that he was going into water at first, but now I get him a little wet with a washcloth before I set him in the sink. Now he doesn't cry!!! I've learned that the sink is so much easier to give him a bath in right now than the little bath tub we got for him.
We have been a little worried about him for the past 2 weeks because he toots all day long and will push and push and push to go poo, but won't poo! That's a little worrying to us! But we went to a new pediatrician yesterday that actually cares about our concerns and we learned about a little "disorder" called dyschezia. It's only temporary and it's not really a disorder....it's where the baby is still learning to actually push to go poo. It sounds really scary as a "disorder" but it's nothing to be freaking out about. It's just really hard to watch your newborn turn red in the face, bear-down, and scream and cry while they really do poo! It's very traumatic as a mommy!
ANYWAY, this post is very long, sorry! Blog you all soon!
P.S. Here are a few new pics of my handsome little boy!
Daddy wanted to put lotion on his head...of course he rubbed it in!

First bath time with Daddy! He enjoyed it.



Just chilling on Daddy's chest, as usual. He LOVES Matt so much, his eyes just light up when he hears his voice or spots him in the room!


Oh look! Again, sleeping on Daddy! This time he's hugging him, how sweet!!! We really didn't set his arms like that, it was all him!

More bath time with Matt. See how he is watching Matt, I think it's so cute. I could get insulted that he likes his Daddy so much more, but I really love seeing them together.


2 comments:

Meka said...

he is sooooo cute! I thought Eden was constipated for a while too but now she is ok. They grow so fast! It makes me kinda sad but excited! we need to get together soon!

Collin & Breena said...

aww he is getting so big! He is adorable! I love it when they love their dads so much. It is so cute! Hope you are doing good! I hope Justus gets better soon. Love ya!