Sunday, March 29, 2009

Justus' REAL Smiles!!!

Matt & I had to drive up to Provo yesterday for his Uncle Fred's funeral. There was a HUGE turnout of people who attended, it was nice to see how supportive friends and family can be in such a hard time for Matt's Aunt Cindy. She's such a sweet lady and all of her kids and such nice people, too! I was glad we made it up there to support them.
Anyway, while everybody drove to the cemetary after the funeral, Matt & I stayed at the church so that we could change our clothes and I could pump some milk and change and feed Justus. Well, while all this was happening, Justus started making REAL smiles for Matt. So, of course, we busted out the camera and started taking tons and tons of pictures!










Of course, he didn't smile for ALL of the pictures, but I really like this one of me and him! I rarely get a good picture with him, if any at all! I'm always the one taking the pictures while Matt hogs him!!!


We were giving him some tummy time in one of the rooms at the church while waiting for everybody to get back and I managed to get this picture before he started fussing! His eyes are so beautiful to me!

When we got home, we tried our luck at some more smiles and were very excited when Justus decided he would play along for us! You could tell he really LOVES his Daddy! Matt gets so many smiles out of him, it makes me jealous....I'm just the food provider and the mean mom that puts him in bed and has to let him cry for a few minutes when he doesn't want to sleep. I can only handle it for MAYBE 3-4 minutes and then I've got him in my arms again and everybody is happy. Yes, I'm a sucker, I know!!!



Look how strong his upper body is! He has been lifting his head up since the day he was born, no joke! Luckily, we got this picture last night, he had his whole upper body lifted up and was looking at Matt.



OK, OK! I know you're all sick of reading these lengthy blogs but I can't help but show Justus off to the world! I'm a bit obsessive with him, hehe. See you all later!

Love,
Matt, Amanda & Justus

3 comments:

Meka said...

Oh what a cutie! I love looking at all the pictures! I can't believe how much he smiles! That is sweet Matt can make him smile!

Collin & Breena said...

Awww he is adorable! It's so fun when they start smiling! Did you lighten your hair?? It looks way good!

Amy said...

Justus has me won over . . .what a sweet baby he was today!!