Wednesday, September 29, 2010

OK! Things have been great since we brought Keagon home, thank goodness! We were extremely nervous about his oxygen when we first picked him up from the hospital but we have calmed down and understand how to hold him and everything now, so we're a lot more comfortable. Keagon & I are working on the whole breastfeeding thing....it's hit and miss right now which is very frustrating to me, but we are improving, haha!
Justus has been adjusting pretty well, I would say. He has had his moments of insecurity and breakdowns, but he sure does love giving his little brother kisses, petting his head, and checking on him in his cradle! I love him so much, he is the best little boy for me right now(and always, of course)....so patient and loving!
Anyway, I forgot to post how big Keagon was and everything and I now have pictures....
Weight: 8lbs 1 oz (1.5lbs heavier than Justus was!!!)
Length: 20.5 in

AND the pictures!!!






This was our favorite NICU nurse, Jenny, she was super sweet!

4 comments:

Nate and Felicia said...

Aw he's such a cutie Amanda! I am so glad he is home, and that you are past all of that! Congratulations! I am glad to hear you are enjoying it!!

ShEiLa said...

I bet you are loving him at home and being all together as a family.

Wow Keagon was that much bigger than Justus... I don't know why that suprised me. Celestial was 7 lb 15 oz. Ted was 8 lbs 4 oz. Yvette was 9 lbs 1 oz and Stewart was 9 lbs 4 oz. They just got bigger each time. I bet my Mom was glad that didn't happen to her. Since I was her first and I weighed 11 lbs 8 oz. I was the first and the biggest so it was all downhill from there.

ToOdLeS.

Amy said...

He's beautiful . . . keep trying with the breastfeeding. It is always so frustrating at first but the bothe of you will get the hang of it!
Lots of love to you and your family!

Amy said...

Amanda! your pictures are done! I can't find your email address though! Send it to me or call me so I can send you the link. SOrry it took so long- life with a new baby makes me slow!
love,
amy