Our little Keagon Scott is finally here! Well, not home, but sent from Heaven!!!! The delivery was extremely rough on the both of us and he has been in NICU since he was born because of it. He has come a long way since he was born and keeps getting better each day, which is very good to see. Everything is being or has been taken care of that he was dealing with from delivery but now he has a high level of jaundice so he will be in NICU under lights until Friday. If that's the least of our problems with his health after all this, I'm comforted!
So during me pushing his heart rate dropped to a dangerous level and at the point that we were at, we had to get him out! The OR was getting prepared for us to be rushed in but there really wasn't even any time for that so my Dr. did some pretty horrifying things to get Keagon out of me! Matt said that he was so scared and crying the entire time.....and so was my Mom! All I remember is that all I could think of was that if I was not able to push hard enough to get him out, he would die and it would be my fault! Pretty traumatizing! So we got him out and he was rushed to NICU and ended up with a few issues:
1. cytohematoma around his skull (this caused his blood count to drop to a very low level: so he had to get a blood transfusion and a catscan to make sure that it was not on his brain)
2. low blood pressure due to the drop in blood count
3. low oxygen
4. Herbs Palsy (his nerve running down the right side of his neck to his arm was stretched in the delivery because his arm was stuck)
5. jaundice
On the bright side!: He's completely off of the oxygen, YAY! The hematoma and herbs palsy are both repairing themselves and the jaundice is being treated now!
He is awesome at nursing, I just found out today! He eats good. Definitely poops good, I also found this out while I was nursing him this morning! Between the eating and pooping, he should kick the jaundice just fine with the help of the lights.
Anyway, I will post pictures later! All we have right now is with him hooked up to IVs and this and that.....not too fun to see!
Thank you everybody for praying for Keagon and checking on Matt & I! We really appreciate everything!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So much for an induction being easy! I am so sorry for you and little Keagan! I hope all continues to go will. We will keep you in our prayers.
I meant I hope all continues to go WELL - from here on out!
What a trooper you are Amanda. Kudos to you and Matt for seeing Keagon safely here. I bet your Mom and Matt were going crazy. Hang in there Mommy... it is the hardest thing ever to watch your child have problems. I am so glad you and Matt have each other and a strong family support system.
ToOdLeS.
Best wishes. You are in our thoughts and prayers
I'm thinking of you and yours! Tell us how big he was and his legnth! I can't wait to see his picture:) P.S. something about hospital babies make them really really good! or really really bad:(
Post a Comment