So this post is completely different from what I normally post, but I definitely need to let my frustrations out right now before I go psycho on everybody! I don't know what to do with little Keagon, bless his heart and cute little self! I CANNOT, absolutely cannot, get him into a deep sleep; day or night. Tonight is my final straw!!! I have literally been rocking him for well over an hour, no exaggeration, and he woke up not even 5 minutes after I put him in his cradle. I bathed, swaddled, fed, burped and rocked him! This has been going on for over a week now and I have no clue how to go about fixing this except to let him cry right now and see if it puts him to sleep. There is nothing else that I can think of to soothe him and keep him asleep! If anybody has a miracle solution for this, PLEASE SHARE!!!!! I feel like the worst mother right now that has no clue how to help her child. I would think that he's way too young to just let him cry, but really I am out of ideas.
On the other hand, Justus just won't sleep because he is too busy playing in his room in the dark....that I don't mind, haha!
I was hoping to go to Albuquerque with my little family and my parents and have somewhat of a break, but it's not looking too promising now. ;0( All I have to look forward to is a screaming baby and a whole lot of stress trying to keep him quiet so he doesn't wake everybody in the house up at my sister's place. FUN! Well, hope everybody has a good night's sleep and really appreciate it! Again, any miracle ideas out there, they better be coming my way! Goodnight.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so sorry! I would say let him cry and see if he surprises you and goes to sleep. Wish I had a miracle solution for you.
I have been thinking about you all morning. My heart just breaks for you because I know it's so frustrating not to be getting sleep! I keep telling Mark that Marshall may be an only child! hahaha
Have you thought about a wrap or sling that holds him close to you? I know it's not ideal because he needs to learn to sleep on his own. But I also know overtired babies have a hard time sleeping. Maybe you could put him in that and he'd sleep better during the day. The book I'm reading stresses that as babies get more sleep they are able to fall asleep easier and stay asleep. Maybe for a week or so you need to just get him to sleep however you can. Then work on letting him sleep alone.
Okay I have no idea if this will work. But I hope you find something that helps.
Best wishes! Mindee
I remember what it was like to have a fussy baby... awake all the time and a HUGE need for sleep.
I know a friend of mine has that problem with her toddler and they suggested melatonin a natural sleep aid... but you would want to ok that with your doctor.
It would be so much easier if these tiny ones could talk... and tell us things... like answer what is wrong? Why can't you sleep?
You may try a soothing sounds machine too.... sometimes a white noise helps.
Keep us updated... I so want you to enjoy a trip to see your sister.
ToOdLeS.
I know you probably don't have a lot of time, but I have really enjoyed the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby." It really gets into the details of sleep patterns, cycles and has great suggestions. Helped me understand the phases Marshall has gone through.
You most certainly do not suck at being parents! I just don't do well without sleep. So my #1 priority was to get Marshall to sleep! It's definately not perfect and he does still wake up some nights. But we just let him cry for 10 minutes or so to put himself back to sleep. Yes lots harder with Justus because he can get himself out of bed. Good luck with that one!
We need an update on Keagan and his CAT scan and all that. Wow, I hope things are well.
Post a Comment