So, of course, I must post a picture of our best-yet Christmas tree! I'm so excited that it's not a "charlie brown" tree, unlike our previous years. And then, I must show off the nice light-hanging work that Matt got accomplished! He's such a monkey, he got up on the roof without a ladder; makes me wonder where Justus gets his athleticism and all????
Oh wait! Justus uses a ladder! Haha! This was the ladder that Matt used to help Meka & Duane put up their lights....Justus figured that it was a good idea to be just like his Daddy. We just happened to catch him on his way up the ladder just a few steps up, SCARY! Call us bad parents, but we let him finish going all the way up with Matt right behind to make sure that he didn't fall, just so we could get a photo and document his craziness (in case there is ever any question)!
Yes, I PROMISE that Matt is right below Justus in this picture!
Keagon has been getting bigger and bigger by the minute these days, which is so nice! He still looks a LOT like my Grandpa Milo when I look at him, it's crazy, but I like it because I do miss my Grandpa. He still fusses quite a bit but he smiles so much now that it makes up for it. He makes a lot of noises and his new favorite thing to do is bounce in his jumparoo; he really goes nuts in it! AND, he loves to watch the tv and loves light. He does seem to be a little more sensitive than Justus ever was when it comes to Matt trying to play with him. He starts crying whenever Matt tries to pester, poke, and prod at him.....Justus LOVED it and still does, lol!
In other news, we had a little scare with Keagon last week. Matt had him laying on his leg to suction out the boogers from his nose, as usual, and when he picked Keagon up, I noticed a bubble developing on the back of his head. So I called my Pediatrician on his cell since it was early evening and the night clinic was still open so we hurried on over and had him checked out. The bubble had disappeared by the time we got there but we were still nervous and wanted reassurance that everything was ok. The doctor on duty for the night looked at his reports from the NICU when he was born and noticed a lot of question marks about his CAT scan that was done and his blood count and everything, so she got a little worried and ordered another CAT scan to be done ASAP, which scared us even more! So we got a scan done on Friday, which sucked, because Keagon had to be sedated, I absolutely hated that! I actually cried a few minutes before they gave him the medicine...he is just too little to be taking anything like that, he's supposed to be perfect and not have any complications and be safe at home with us....that's in my perfect world that I imagine! Anyway, the results all came out normal, but he does still have fluid around the outside of his skull, which makes the big square horns on his forehead that are very noticeable. It could take up to two years for this to go away, but hopefully sooner.
Other than that big scare....not much has been going on. Sorry for the long post, but I am quite a ways behind on blogging. Merry Christmas everybody!
1 comment:
I love the photos of Justus on the ladder. I am also glad that Daddy was close by. Yes I am an overprotective Mother turned overportective Grammy.
I am glad to hear that your scare was not serious. Gee wiz, I think you guys have had enough worry.
Both of your boys are darling.
ToOdLeS.
Merry Christmas!!!!
Post a Comment