Here are some things about the boys I would like to share, whether you want to know or not :)
Keagon
1. He is now walking everywhere- he waited until 12 1/2 months to start really walking, which I am totally fine with!
2. Anytime Justus is within arms' reach of him, he hits him and yells at him and cries (this is due to Justus swiping any toy he is holding or even looks at)
3. Whenever the phone rings, he says "Dada." Any picture he sees, he says "Dada." He really misses Matt since he has been gone for over a week for work. It breaks my heart!
4. Two words "diaper rash." He has been teething like crazy and has caused him to have a diaper rash non-stop for 3 1/2 weeks now! It gets so bad at times that his skin on his bum will start to bleed. Took him to the Dr and they said to just keep using desitin or baby powder on it. Well, the only thing keeping it from getting to the point of bleeding is pure corn starch! Poor guy
5. Just the other day, he started making car noises when he plays with the little toy cars.
6. Other than him always wanting to be held because of the teething, he is such an easy little guy to care of. Of course, it was a different story when he was only a few months old.
7. He is getting into drawers in the kitchen, cabinets in the bathroom, spreading toys throughout the house, and trying to reach the doorknobs to escape.
8. Remotes are definitely amuzing to him, for some reason. Give him a remote and he is happy; take a remote away from him and it is the end of the world.
9. Ever since he has been able to hold a bottle by himself, when he goes to bed he has to have a bottle in his right hand and his binky in his left hand. And now, I think we have added this new "lamby" to the mix as his pillow that he has to sleep on! Expensive little thing, but totally worth it, he LOVES it!
10. He loves bananas!
Justus
1. Repeats everything he hears. This is scary to me and makes me nervous when we are in public!
2. Polar Express, Frosty the Snowman, and Charlie Brown have been his favorite movies for the past week. He seriously makes me turn it on 3-4 times each day. He now acts out a lot of parts from Polar Express.
3. Mr. Independent!!!! He wants to do everything "all by the self!"
4. The other night we were driving home from the grocery store and Keagon was pooping and Justus says "Momma, Keagon pooping all the way?" LOL, classic!
5. He LOVES going to church now and is always asking if we are going. A few weeks ago, he went with my parents to clean the church and my Dad heard him saying "Heavenly Father, Heavenly Father..." so he looked and saw Justus standing at the podium with his arms folded and eyes closed! What a sweet and amazing thing to see!!!!! I wish I could have seen it ;(
6. The world's cleanest hands. If he's being quiet, I know I can find him in the bathroom or kitchen washing his hands, repeatedly. To add to that, he likes to just dump soap everywhere!
7. This tops the cake for me.....the other day I let him play in our backyard (it is fenced) while I kept an eye on him from the bedroom window. Well, he seemed to have crawled underneath the gate between our house and the neighbor's house, climbed the shortest brick wall, then the medium wall and then onto the big brick wall and ended up falling into the neighbor's backyard! I was running around everywhere trying to find him! I could hear him crying, but couldn't find him. Then the neighbors came and told me that their kids were telling them there was a baby in their yard, lol! Crazy boy gave me a heart attack!
8. Whenever he talks to Matt on the phone he asks him if he is "working hard?"
9. Potty training has been really random for us. One day he does good and the next he will just pee anywhere and everywhere he wants! It's frustrating, but one day we will get there, I'm sure of it.
10. He's recently started doing "role playing" with his stuffed animals. Mickey Mouse, mostly. He tucks him into bed, feeds him in the high chair, and swaddles him. He is quite a terrorist a lot of the time, but such a sweetheart some of the time.
11. Just one more note! I took Justus to the Dr with Keagon and they said he is in the 95th percentile for his height and weight!!!!! I never noticed, honestly. I was thinking he was short, but apparently not, woo hoo!!!!!
I just love these boys so so much and I LOVE their snuggles and kisses and can't get enough of them! They are the greatest blessing I could ever receive.
Happy Harvest Season to all of you. I hope you have a safe and fun Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment