Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A couple of weekends ago we went 4-wheeling at Sand Mountain up by Delta. It was such nice weather! Well, a tiny little storm came along and it was warm, but other than that, it was perfect! We took Justus along and once again....he was a trooper! We set up a little playpen-type area in the back of our truck for him on top of a memory foam mattress so that he wasn't playing in the dirt & ants. He loved it! We just backed the truck under a tree and there he played and napped during the day.



OF COURSE.....he did get to go on quite a few 4-wheeler rides! He would either stay awake the entire ride and make noises with the 4-wheeler or fall asleep. He's too funny, but he does love 4-wheeling!!!! Good thing, huh?!



Other than 4-wheeling....Justus is growing soooooo much! He now crawls and crawls and crawls. He also started standing up in his crib and pulling himself to a stand with everything else. That's a little scary though, because I don't want him to bonk his head or face when he falls, so I am always right with him!


ALSO, Justus has 2 bottom teeth coming in so the nights have been fun! He wakes up with this whaling cry about every 2 hours through the night.....a bottle and some teething medicine does the trick though, thank goodness!
As the picture above shows, licorice helps the gums feel better during the day! Haha! I didn't think about the mess it would make when I gave it to Justus, but after a few minutes I looked down and decided it was bath time! (P.S. it was old, hard licorice and he doesn't have enough of his little 2-teeth to bite off any pieces, so there wasn't a risk of him choking on a piece!)



And to save the best pictures for last! I left Justus with my Dad the other morning so I could go to the bathroom. When I came back he was sitting up like a big boy next to my Dad, it was too cute!
Also, during bath time the other night, Justus decided to bite on his ducky and just left it in his mouth and started splashing around in the water. It was hilarious!!!! That picture was not a set-up!

And as for Matt & I....we are waiting to hopefully close on our very first home in Vegas in the next 2 months! It is right next to Meka and Duane Hilton, so I am really excited!!!! Also, we are getting to attend General Conference this coming weekend! I have never been there before so I am very excited to go see Temple Square and see the conference center and just be able to attend!
Anyway, that's my book for now! See you all later!
Love,
The Hughes Trio

3 comments:

Meka said...

I can't wait for you to move here! Eden and Justus will have so much fun! And so will you and I! I love the white hat on him! Send me one of the pictures of him wearing his hat for the photo contest!

Anonymous said...

Your little Justus is so cute! I'm jealous about you going to those dunes. I've heard they are awesome.

Amy said...

Amanda I put some pictures of Baby J on my photo blog prettyasapicturebyamy.blogspot.com