Sunday, March 4, 2012

Off to work again

So forgive me if this post ends up being a little on the downside. Matt just left to go work up in Reno for the month and it just seems soooo much harder to say goodbye this time around. I actually cried this time! We are extremely grateful that Matt got hired onto this job, we have definitely been watched over in more ways than one for the past few months. We have been able to spend 3 entire months together non-stop, no working for either one of us...it has been GREAT! I must admit that not having insurance is a definite downer for us, but miraculously none of us have had to go to the Dr.  
On another down in our life! Meka & Duane have just broken our hearts and shattered them into a million pieces last week when their house went up for sale. Meka had told me that they were moving to Chicago, but I didn't think it would happen. Or I should say, I was REALLY hoping it wouldn't happen. The worrying and tense nights have already started for me and I know it has for them, as well; and they aren't even gone yet, lol! I just love and appreciate them for the examples they have been to Matt & I. It doesn't get any better than having your best friends living right next door to you! I can speak for Justus & Eden, as well. BUT, Duane & Meka are following their hearts and doing what they need to do for their family, which is awesome that they have soooo much strength to do it.
Happy note time! I know this is a bunch of random stuff, but these are all big news moments for me and I want to share them. My Mom has been on the Weight Watchers program for a few months and has lost around 20 lbs....I think. She looks amazing already! We always joke about her "cute butt" and this and that, but in all honesty, my Mom has a cute butt, haha! Since she has lost some weight, she got to get rid of one of her medications, which is AWESOME and she feels good about herself again. It is nice to see my Mom not as frustrated with herself so much anymore. She still plans to lose more weight and I hope she does well! I am so proud of you, Mom! I love you!
Another thing that puts a smile on my face.....?  My sister, Jordan is marrying her best friend in June!!!! We couldn't be happier for them, we absolutely LOVE Eric!  I am nervous to be in the wedding though. My own wedding was very low-key and simple and that was enough for me; their wedding is going to be very elegant and beautiful and that makes me nervous, haha. 
Anyway, I have a big idea for myself to lose as much weight as possible while Matt is away working so that he can come home to a somewhat healthy wife that he totally deserves. The poor guy is so sweet to me and tells me that I'm not overweight, but I do know the truth, however. He is so gorgeous and has this beautiful body and I think he deserves for me to look decent and like I take care of myself, so that's what I plan to give him! Wish me luck!!!
Well, my hand is giving up on the typing so goodnight!

No comments: